|Booking Terms & Conditions|
- This contract is for short-term holiday only rental of the property/properties, specified in the booking form.
- The booking is binding from such time as the booking form and deposit are received.
- By making a booking the client contracts on behalf of himself/herself and all those in his/her party and represents that he/she has the authority to agree and accept these conditions on behalf of all guests in his/her party.
- Bookings are accepted on the understanding that the property/properties is taken for holiday purposes only and that, excepting babies, the number of people staying in each property/properties is limited to the number of beds in the property/properties.
- The client and any friends or family of the client visiting the property/properties while the client is staying there must adhere to the conditions of this contract, which shall include the rules and procedures set out in the information folders provided in the property/properties.
- Payment A deposit of 25% of the cost is payable on any booking made more than six weeks prior to the commencement date of the rental.
In the event of a booking being made more than one year before the commencement date a reduced deposit of 10% may be paid with the balance of 15% of the deposit to be paid by 15th of January in the year of the commencement date.
Bookings will take effect from the date the deposit is received together with a completed online booking form.
The balance of the rental shall be paid not less than six weeks before the commencement date of the rental period. Non-payment of the balance of the rental by the due date shall be construed as a cancellation of the contract by the client, unless other arrangements have been agreedwith the owner.
For most large group bookings - and for all bookings involving a wedding or celebration - a damages deposit of €500 - €1,000 may be required. Clients will be informed prior to making any booking if this is required. In the event of a damages deposit being required it will be retained for seven days after the termination of the rental to enable the owner or agent to carry out an inspection of the property.
- Cancellation The 25% deposit paid on booking is non-refundable ‐except when the client rebooks the same property withing the following 12 months, in which case the deposit can be carried over less a 10% admin fee.
If the booking is cancelled after the full balance has been paid, i.e. 6 weeks prior to the commencement date, the full sum shall be forfeited. However, as a concession, if the owner is able to re-let any of the properties for the full period of the booking the sum paid for the rental will be returned less a 10% administration charge.
Any cancellation made by the client for whatever reason must be by email.
IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT CLIENTS ARRANGE HOLIDAY CANCELLATION INSURANCE COVER.
- Period of Rental Rentals for the House, Stables, and Garden Cottage & Pier Cottage commence at 3.00pm on the day of the commencement of the booking and terminate at 10.00am on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed.The arrival time should be notified in advance.
- Right of Entry Whilst respecting the reasonable privacy of the client, the owners and their agents reserve the right of access to all properties at all reasonable times for the purpose of repairs and emergencies.
- Care of the property/properties The client shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property/properties. The furniture, fittings and effects (including crockery, cutlery and kitchen utensils) must be left in the same state of repair and tidiness and in the same property/position/room as they were found on arrival.
- Breakages or Damage The client is required to inform the owner or property manager of any damage or breakage in or around the property/properties promptly so that it can be repaired and replaced for the next client.
The client is liable to reimburse the owners for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs for damage caused by the client where reasonably demanded by the owner/manager.
- Rules and Procedures Clients are required to observe the rules and familiarise themselves with the procedures contained in the information folder provided in each property/properties.
- Smoking Smoking is not permitted inside the property/ properties. If smoking on the terraces/ grounds, please ensure all cigarette butts are picked up & disposed of.
- Pets Up to two dogs are allowed per property, subject to prior permission being obtained. Please discuss at time of enquiry. Dogs are not permitted upstairs or on any furniture. Dogs must not be left unattended in the property/properties at any time.
When out of the property/properties dogs must be under the control of a responsible adult at all times. The client must clear up after the dogs promptly, whether in the grounds of the Westcove estate or on the grassin front of Pier Cottage, and dispose of bagged waste in an exterior bin.
The client is responsible for any damage caused by their dogs and liable to reimburse the owner for any replacement or repair necessary. The owner reserves the right to terminate the contract if the behaviour of the client's pet is considered unacceptable.
- Liability The owner is not liable for any loss or damage to any client's property/properties or any property/properties belonging to a member of the client's party howsoever caused.
The client or members of his/her party must ensure they are travelling with adequate travel insurance and cannot hold the owner liable for any personal injury/death howsoever sustained where the owners and/or their employees have used reasonable skill and care; and/or where caused by the fault of the person(s)affected or any member(s) of their party (including inadequate supervision of children); and/or where caused by the fault of a third party, and/or where caused by an event that could not have been reasonably foreseen or avoided.
The owner will not accept any liability for medical expenses, repatriation, loss or damage to possessions,public liability or any other costs, losses or damages that would be covered by a Travel Insurance Policy.